Monday, December 16, 2013

Running and Not For Cake

I could seriously eat all of this if I wouldn't need a forklift to get out of my house
I recently decided I'd start running. Or at least try to. I've been walking 5k (or 3.2 miles) every day for the last three months. The reason being I want to lose weight. Walking is about the only exercise I can do consistently. Mostly because I get bored and don't want to exercise as much as I should.

But with walking I'm outside, got my tunes on, and it's not as boring as staring at a wall on a machine. 

So I downloaded a couch to 5K app on my phone. For the first five minutes you do a warm up walk. Then for the next fifteen minutes you alternate running and walking. You walk for one minute then run for one minute. Then you do another 5 minute cool down walk. 

I started this on Sunday Dec 15th. My goal is to do 3 days a week of run/walking. I don't expect to be running marathons or anything soon or ever for that matter. But I just want to boost my metabolism a bit. 

I've been dieting since Sept 1st of this year. Although I hate using the word "diet" because I don't diet. I eat whatever I want. And I truly mean whatever I want. Yesterday I had a chocolate chip frappe from McDonald's. But I don't eat more than a 1000 calories in a day. 

And I don't have frappes that often but I do have them. I don't want to cut my calories any more than I have that's the reason I've started the couch to 5K. 

And I must admit I was incredibly surprised that I actually was able to do the entire 25 mins of run/walking. 

This is part of the reason I finally decided to break down and start blogging. It's motivation. Even if no one reads it, I've put it out there in the universe so it means I have to do it. 

I've lost 32 lbs in the last 3 months. I hope to lose at least 50 more. I'm not doing anything fast or crazy. Just slow and steady. 

But regardless of how much weight I lose there will be no burkinifor me. Seriously people need to just stop with this stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment